Know what to expect when your Form 2 comes in the mail. Unboxing, setup, and package contents are all detailed here.
Form 2 Packages
The standard Form 2 bundle ships with multiple boxes: Resin Cartridge(s), Printer, Finish Kit, Resin Tank(s), and Build Platform(s). The Resin Tank, Build Platform, and additional accessory boxes ship separately from the Form 2 packaging.
Packaged shipments have the following dimensions and weights:
|Form 2 Printer||Form 2 Finish Kit||Resin Cartridge||Form 2 Resin Tank||Form 2 Build Platform|
|Weight||44 lbs (20 kg)||6.6 lbs (3 kg)||3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)||1.8 lbs (0.85 kg)||1.5 lbs (0.67 kg)|
|Contents||Form 2 printer||see Finish Kit Set-Up||single cartridge||single resin tank||single build platform|
Note: Depending on the shipping territory, power and USB cables may be included inside the Finish Kit box or in the large, external carton containing all items.
Before Receiving Your Form 2
- Choose a stable, level workspace for your Form 2. Reserve the following minimum dimensions for the most convenient access: 14 in (36 cm) width, 17 in (43 cm) depth, 30 in (76 cm) height.
- Download and install PreForm Software.
- Purchase additional supplies:
- Paper Towels
- Isopropyl Alcohol (90% or higher)
Isopropyl alcohol is the recommended solution for rinsing parts and cleaning liquid resin after each completed print. Keep paper towels in stock to ensure a clean work environment for printing and finishing.
Unboxing Your Form 2
TIP:Save the Form 2's packaging for transporting your printer. Original packaging is required for warranty service.
1. Remove the top foam packaging insert.
2. Use the provided handles to lift your printer from the box.
3. Remove the printer from the carrier tray and set in workspace.
Remove all packaging material before connecting power. Lift the cover to remove the protective shipping material from the resin tank carrier.
4. Plug the included power cable into your printer and connect to a power outlet.