Part finishing includes all steps after printing. Follow these steps to bring a 3D model from a digital file to a functional, printed part.
- Print: Prepare the FORM file in PreForm, upload and start the print, and then monitor the print progress on Dashboard.
- Wash: Use Form Wash or Form Finish Kit to rinse the remaining liquid resin from printed parts’ surfaces.
- Dry: Allow at least 30 minutes for isopropyl alcohol (IPA) to fully evaporate after washing.
- Post-Cure: Use Form Cure to expose printed parts to light and heat to stabilize the parts for performance.
- Post-Process: Remove supports, then use sanding, priming, or painting to improve presentation, or use other equipment to create molds from printed parts.
Available from Formlabs:
- Form 2 3D printer
- Form Wash or Form Finish Kit
- Form Cure
- Isopropyl alcohol (IPA), 90% or higher, or an alternate compatible solvent
- Powder-free, chemical-resistant disposable gloves
- Paper towels
- Mineral oil
- Primer and paints