Dashboard allows you to remotely monitor your Form 2 printers, track material usage, and explore past and future Formlabs purchases. To log in, click “Dashboard” at the top of formlabs.com, and then enter your e-mail address and password. Dashboard serves as a control panel for Form 2 activity.
By registering your Form 2 printer(s) to Dashboard you can:
- Explore prior purchases and Form Store order statuses
- Remotely monitor print progress and printer availability
- Configure SMS or email notifications for events like prints started or finished
- Manage material usage, including resin tanks and resin cartridges
- Share data about printers, prints, and materials across teams
- Review and download a record of previous print jobs
- Search and read support articles and view support requests
As a web-based tool, Dashboard is frequently updated with new features. Log in regularly to see updated access to printers and print data.
Viewing Order Status and History
Dashboard provides access to each Formlabs store order associated with the current Formlabs.com user. Orders are displayed to the original customer and cannot be shared across multiple users.
After placing an order, check Dashboard to see the latest status. The sequential statuses of each order are:
- Order Placed
- Awaiting Payment (for pending orders)
- Processing by Formlabs
- Out for Delivery
To see the delivery status, click the link in Dashboard’s Orders page, or visit track.formlabs.com with the order’s tracking number. To learn more about Formlabs policies for processing and shipping orders and receiving assistance, visit formlabs.com/support/shipping.
Adding Printers to Dashboard
Register the Form 2 to Dashboard through the touchscreen on the printer. Once the Form 2 is registered to Dashboard and Dashboard logging is enabled on the printer, the Form 2 will send data to Dashboard as long as the printer’s Wi-Fi or Ethernet connections are able to access the internet. Connecting only to a local-area network is not sufficient for sending data to Dashboard.
Register through the Form 2 touchscreen
With firmware version 1.4 and newer, connect a Form 2 to Dashboard by securing a personal registration code from the Form 2’s Settings menu and inputting the code in the Dashboard online.
- Ensure the Form 2 firmware is up to date.
Access the Settings menu on the Form 2 touchscreen, then scroll down to find and open Register to Dashboard.
The touchscreen will display a custom registration code: a sequence of 4 alphanumeric characters, 0-9 and A-Z.
Open Dashboard online at formlabs.com/dashboard. Input the code on the Dashboard home screen or by opening "Settings" and selecting “Register a Printer”.
Confirm the printer's registration with the online Dashboard and the printer's touchscreen message.
TIPYour Dashboard account uses the same log-in credentials to access orders and saved addresses for the Formlabs.com Store, as well as your newsletter and mailing preferences.
Deregister Printers from Dashboard
To deregister a printer from a Dashboard account, visit the Settings menu in Dashboard. Select the "DEREGISTER" link next to the printer's serial name. A confirmation window appears. Select "OK" to complete the deregistration.
Test the Dashboard Connection
A Form 2 registered to Dashboard and networked over a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection will automatically sync with Dashboard whenever the printer is able to send data over the internet. To see printer and print data in Dashboard:
- The Form 2 must be connected to the internet through a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
- Dashboard Logging must be toggled to "ON" through the Settings menu on the Form 2 touchscreen.
- The printer must be registered to a Dashboard account.
To ensure a print will log in Dashboard, check the connectivity status of your registered printer in Dashboard. When a printer is connected to Dashboard over the internet, the printer’s Serial Name will be listed as “Ready to Print” in Dashboard. If a printer is not connected, the Serial Name will be listed as “Offline” in Dashboard.
TIP:The printer’s Dashboard connectivity status is updated in 15 minute cycles.
Troubleshooting Dashboard Connectivity
To see data for a specific print and accurate material usage, the printer must be able to access the internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet when the print is started. If a printer displays as "Ready to Print" in PreForm and still will not log prints in Dashboard, the printer is likely connected to the local area network but is unable to send printer data to Dashboard’s secure servers over the internet.
- Check the local network. If you are able to upload prints through a network connection but your print is not logging in Dashboard, check your network or with your network administrator for connectivity issues such as an existing firewall or network permissions. Firewall administrators should enable communication to and from *.formlabs.com on port 443.
- Check the Formlabs server connection. Dashboard may also have periods of down time or temporary issues. Check the status of “API” on status.formlabs.com for down time.
Dashboard can only display a print and report print activity while the Form 2 is online. Prints and print activity are not logged with the Form 2 if offline. If an active print is not visible in Dashboard, in order to see the print in Dashboard the print must be restarted once the printer is confirmed online.
To restart a print, take the following steps:
- Cancel the print using the Form 2 touchscreen.
- Test the Dashboard connection.
- Check the network connections. This may require reconnecting the printer’s power, resetting the network connection, or consulting the Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet network administrator.
- Restart the print once the Serial Name displays as “Ready to Print” on Dashboard.
To continue learning about Dashboard, read about Tracking Print Progress.