Form Cure provides the light and heat necessary to post-cure 3D printed parts. Post-curing is optional for Standard Resins and required for many other materials to achieve their optimal properties.
- Cover. Double walls insulate the cure chamber and internal surfaces reflect light.
- Heater. 100 W heating module can heat the chamber up to 176 °F / 80 °C.
- LEDs. An array of thirteen (13) 405 nm LEDs help to post-cure parts. Secondary lights illuminate the turntable when the cover is open and during heating.
- Turntable. Rotating plate ensures balanced post-curing across all exposed surfaces.
- Display. Shows status, time, temperature, and options for configuring Form Cure.
- Knob. Turn or push to adjust time and temperature settings and to start, pause, or stop post-curing.
- Power Supply. Provides power to Form Cure. Specifications: 24 V, 6 A
The following additional supplies may be useful to obtain for finishing post-cured parts:
- Powder-free disposable gloves
- Mineral oil
- Primer and paints
Receiving Form Cure
When preparing to receive Form Cure, plan an appropriate area and know what to expect out of the box.
Form Cure has the following dimensions: 26.2 cm x 26.2 cm x 34.0 cm (10.3 in x 10.3 in x 13.4 in). The cover opens upward from the front to allow inserting and removing printed parts from the turntable. To fully open, Form Cure requires an additional clearance of 30 cm (12 in) above the unit for a total clearance height of 64 cm (25.2 in). The Form Cure unit weighs 5.6 kg (12.4 lbs).
Form Cure in Packaging
Dimensions: 35.4 cm x 35.4 cm x 45.6 cm (14 in x 14 in x 18 in)
Weight: 7.3 kg (16.11 lbs)
Retain all packaging and inserts for warranty service.
All Formlabs machines have a Serial Name instead of a serial number. The Serial Name is a unique identifier used to track the history of manufacturing, sales, and repair, and to distinguish usage when connected to a network. The Serial Name is on the back panel of the machine in the format "AdjectiveAnimal".
For Form Wash and Form Cure, the Serial Name is preceded by "Cure-" or "Wash-". The Serial Name is also available on the display. To access the Serial Name or firmware version on a Form Wash or a Form Cure display:
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Reconnect the power cable.
- When the display shows "Formlabs," press and hold the knob immediately. The display shows the Serial Name and firmware version.
Setting Up Form Cure
- Find a clean, level surface with a nearby power source. Operate the Form Cure in a well-ventilated room with a temperature between 18 and 28 °C (64–82 °F).
- Remove the thin plastic wrapper from Form Cure’s exterior.
- Lift the cover, and insert the turntable on the circular wheel mount at the base of the cure chamber.
- Connect the power cable and external supply to Form Cure and a power source.
Form Cure includes a USB port for the possibility of future firmware updates.
Using Form Cure
Form Cure is ready to use once the turntable is installed and the power is connected. Each cycle requires time to preheat before the 405 nm lights begin post-curing. The preheating time depends on the current temperature and the target post-cure temperature.