Grey Pro Resin is an Engineering Resin designed for high precision, moderate elongation, and low creep. These mechanical properties make Grey Pro Resin a versatile material for a wide range of engineering applications, including concept modeling and functional prototyping. Highly resistant to deformation over time, Grey Pro Resin is especially suitable for printing parts intended for repeated use or handling.
Grey Pro Resin prints at 50 and 100 micron layer heights on the Form 2. Use Resin Tank LT when printing with Grey Pro Resin.
- Form and fit testing
- Injection molded product prototypes
- Mold masters for plastics, silicones, and more
- Jigs and fixtures for manufacturing
Not recommended for
- High impact applications
Comparison with Other Materials
Grey Pro Resin is a different material formulation from Standard Grey Resin. Grey Pro Resin is an Engineering Resin that offers performance benefits including relatively higher elongation and lower creep. Grey Resin is a Standard Resin designed for aesthetic, looks-like, and conceptual modeling. In a visual comparison, parts printed with Grey Pro Resin are slightly darker in color and slightly less opaque than parts printed with Standard Grey Resin.
The performance properties of Grey Pro Resin are comparable to the performance properties of other Formlabs Engineering Resins. Grey Pro Resin prints precise, stable parts. Other materials, like Formlabs Tough and Durable Resins, absorb more impact than Grey Pro Resin.
See the table below to compare the material performance.
|Formlabs Grey Pro Resin||Formlabs Tough Resin TOTL03||Formlabs Standard Resin||Accura Bluestone by 3D Systems1|
|Elongation (%)||13||24||6.2||5 - 13|
|UTS (MPa)||61.2||55.7||65||58 - 68|
|Modulus (GPa)||2.6||2.7||2.8||2.7 - 3.0|
|HDT (°C, 1.8 MPa)||62.4||45.9||58.4||48 - 50|
To learn more about the performance properties of each Formlabs resin, refer to the library of material properties datasheets.
Printing with Grey Pro Resin
Grey Pro Resin follows the same basic steps and requirements for printing as other Formlabs materials. There are a few specific considerations to remember for Grey Pro Resin:
- Use Resin Tank LT when printing with Grey Pro Resin. Standard resin tanks are incompatible with Grey Pro Resin because the elastic layer in a standard resin tank swells when exposed to the uncured material.
- Grey Pro Resin prints at 50 and 100 micron layer heights on the Form 2. Choose the layer height when preparing the FORM file in PreForm.
- Parts printed with Grey Pro Resin exhibit strong dimensional stability and similar accuracy compared to parts printed with Standard Resins.
- Grey Pro Resin may emit a light, pine-like scent during printing or handling. The scent is normal and non-toxic.
- The pigment in Grey Pro Resin settles over time. Before printing, ensure Grey Pro Resin is mixed thoroughly for best results. Shake the resin cartridge and stir the resin in the tank with the wiper or a spatula with rounded corners. Mix new resin cartridges and any Grey Pro Resin stored in the cartridge or tank after several weeks.
Wash parts printed in Grey Pro Resin in Form Wash for 15 minutes. After washing the parts in IPA, allow the parts to dry completely before post-curing.